Make your own Flashcards in the Flashcard app in 4 easy steps
Are you looking for an app that will help you to make Flashcards?
The app Vocabulary Miner is there for you to save words and learn them with a spaced repetition algorithm. The Flashcard System learning method has proved very fruitful so far. It forces users to actively recall words from memory. The better you know the words, the less frequently you will practice them and vice versa.
Vocabulary Miner works on Android and iPhone and has also a complement web app.
So how to make Flashcards in the Flashcard maker app Vocabulary Miner?
There are 2 options for you. You can create and save your words in the app or create them in the web app. Let’s look at these options closely:
How to create Flashcards in the Flashcard app
- After successful sign in the app, you can either create or download Word lists. Create your first Word list by clicking on the plus (+).
- Fill in the name of a new Word list in the pop up window. Choose also the language you know and the language you are learning.
- Save your new Word list. It is also backed up on our servers.
- Add a new word by clicking on the plus (+). You need to fill in the word in both languages. We recommend to also write an example sentence to keep the word within its context and remember the vocabulary better.
Example: You are watching Money Heist on Netflix to learn Spanish and have fun. You hear that La casa de papel means Money Heist. So you add these words in the Flashcard app Vocabulary Miner. Fill in the example sentence with something like I watch Money Heist on Netflix (in Spanish).
How to make Flashcards on your computer fast and easy
As a student of languages, you probably really want to spend time learning rather than creating Flashcards. If you are a teacher you might want to find a fast Flashcard maker for teachers that will save your time for preparation.
Let’s look at how to make your own Flashcards on the computer. You can make Flashcards online, then print them out or learn them in the Flashcard maker app Vocabulary Miner.
Vocabulary Miner also has its complement web app for faster and easier import and download of words in 3 templates – csv, pdf and printable Flashcards. Both apps, mobile and web, are synchronized in real time, so anything the user uploads via a fast web app will be ready for learning in the mobile app.
- Go to https://vocabulary-miner.com/ to sign in under Log in web app (right upper corner). If you already have an account go straight to app.vocabulary-miner.com.
- Click on the plus (+) to create a new Word list.
- In the pop-up window, fill in the name of the new Word list and the language combination. Save the new Word list.
- You can add new words either one by one or you can do it faster thanks to the IMPORT button in the right upper corner. You can copy vocabulary from any Spreadsheet, Google Docs, Excel or from anything else and paste them back in the web app.
Do you wonder how the Flashcard app Vocabulary Miner came into existence? Then read our article How frustration from learning vocabulary created Vocabulary Miner.
Do you wonder what other Flashcard apps are and what is the difference between Vocabulary Miner and them? Read 2020 Update: Ultimate Guide to Find the Best Flashcard Apps for Learning Vocabulary.
Interested in more stories? We practice to #saymore on our Instagram, too.
Do you want to hack your brain and find the most effective way to learn vocabulary? Spaced repetition system (SRS) is a method of effective repetition that not only The Guardian recommends. So, are you looking for …Read more
As a student of languages, you probably really want to spend time learning rather than creating Flashcards. If you are a teacher you might want to find a fast Flashcard maker for teachers that will save your time for …Read more