How to create dictionary with Google Translate and Flashcards
Whether you are traveling, starting a new chapter of your live in a foreign country, or just learning a new language for fun, you encounter many new words during the day. To make sense out of them, you put them into Google Translate.
What a waste would it be to just forget all these words and Google translate them over and over again!
So is there any vocabulary app where you can save words you have searched? Yes, there is an app to save new words and then learn them with spaced repetition – Vocabulary Miner in combination with Google Translate.
List of words always at hand and gradually also in your vocabulary
You can learn these words with effective spaced repetition algorithm and have a more fulfilling feeling with the list of words always at hand in your phone and gradually also in your vocabulary.
This tutorial has 2 steps to follow through:
a) creating a Word list in Google Translate
b) importing the Word list into the Flashcard app Vocabulary Miner in order to not forget them
How to create a Word list of translated words with Google Translate in 5 simple steps
1. Go to https://translate.google.com
2. Log in to your Google account since you need to save the words in it
3. Choose the languages: Type in a word or phrase you want to translate, choose its language, then choose also the language of translation
4. Click on the star in the right corner of the right translation box and it should turn yellow — you just saved your word
5. Create the entire Word list and click on the star icon in the circle — you can now see all the saved words
What can you do with the list that appears on the right?
- searching within the list (“magnifying glass icon”)
- sorting the list by date or alphabetically (“sort”)
- exporting to Google Sheets (“spreadsheet icon”)
How to start learning and remembering words with the Google Translate and Vocabulary Miner
You can easily transfer the words you want from the list into a Flashcard app such as Vocabulary Miner and actually learn them. The bullet points seem long but it takes max 2 minutes to start learning.
1.Click on the “Export to Google Sheets” (next to the three dots) and confirm the import
2. Choose the words you want to import from the table and copy them by CTRL + C
3. Open the web app Vocabulary Miner www.app.vocabulary-miner.com
4. Sign in (or register and then sign in — it’s all FREE)
5. Choose “My Word lists” in the left Menu
6. Create a new Word list by clicking on the yellow plus icon in the right bottom corner
7. Name the Word list according to a situation or a context, choose the languages and click SAVE>
8. Choose IMPORT in the right upper corner
9. Click on the table and paste the chosen words by CTRL + V into your new Word list. Add example sentences if you want.
10. Confirm with clicking on IMPORT and DONE!
You can manage (add, erase, edit) words in any Word list anytime you want. You can export it in .csv, too.
Find your new Word list real-time synchronized in the mobile app Vocabulary Miner.
How to use the app? Check video. It explains what can this Flashcard app maker do for you and how.
- learn the words anytime
- listen to pronunciation
- words always at hand organized and structured
- remember with custom spaced-repetition algorithm
- share your Word list with others by publishing it
- export and print words anytime from the web app
Interested in more stories? We practice to #saymore on our Instagram, too.
View this post on Instagram
Reading a foreign book, traveling, listening to foreign podcast..? ???? If you find a word you don’t know yet, use Google Translate and learn it easily and for good in the Flashcard app! ???? Never google translate it again. It is easier than you think! ???? You can find simple tutorial on how to create your own dictionary using GT & Vocabulary Miner here ???? https://bit.ly/32AYPPJ (find the clickable link in our bio). You will have all the new vocabulary always at hand to learn it everywhere, even offline! ???? Then, the implemented spaced-repetition algorithm will take care of you actually remembering all the new words! #SayMore w/ #vocabularyminerapp . . . . . . . . . #googletranslate #bookworm #travel #learn
Are you looking for an app that will help you to make Flashcards? The app Vocabulary Miner is there for you to save words and learn them with a spaced repetition algorithm. The Flashcard System learning method has …Read more